Duration 6 Years
Medium of instruction Mainly in Japanese
Admissions test(s) Yes
Admissions statistics To be announced
Recommended for those who:
- are genuinely interested in introducing holistic medical care by introducing the latest medical technology in clinical settings
- want to become leading doctors and researchers in the medical field
- are enthusiastic about acquiring medical knowledge to play an active role in a wide range of fields from medical science to advanced medicine
Personal development objectives
- To train students with integrity and morality while endowing them with knowledge, techniques, and abilities in the fields of medicine and treatment
- To endow students with the ability to successfully contribute to both local and global society
- To pursue creative research
- To develop students into individuals who will become leaders in the fields of medicine and treatment and contribute to the development of society and the prosperity of humanity
Medical Course Curriculum
The Medical Course is 6 years long. In the course, the curriculum consists of “General Prerequisites” in the students’ first year, and more specialised subjects from their second year onwards. In their first year, the students take liberal arts classes with students of other faculties to acquire general knowledge and problem-solving skills.
From their second year, the curriculum has been designed based on MEXT’s “Medical Education Model Core Curriculum”. The curriculum aims to enhance communication and leadership skills, as well as develop knowledge about medicine and healthcare; while highlighting the importance of medical safety. Advanced courses will also focus on developing logical thinking skills.
Enhanced Training Program
We offer a training program at two university hospitals and twelve major hospitals in the Kanagawa Prefecture.
International Clinical Clerkship Program
YCU offers limited opportunities for independent applicants (=non exchange students) to conduct observation-based observerships in our hospitals. We are the only university hospital in Kanagawa Prefecture. Observing foreign hospitals may give you a new point of view and insights and will lead to a wider perspective, which will contribute to your future career.
MORE INFORMATION >